Photography: Tips to click The Perfect Shot
Framing and preserving the memorable moments of someone’s life has been a tradition for a long time among people. People capture certain scenes for several reasons. It can be for holding on to a particular memory perpetually or just for the sake of beauty evinced by a particular scene. The basic difference between taking a picture and painting one is that, a painting might not be the selfsame version of the real object as it incorporates the artist’s imagination and creativity whereas a picture shot by a camera is much closer to the reality. Depending upon the angle, light, and myriads of other significant factors, the picture taken can be construed in multifarious ways.
Although it is the general notion that any person is capable of taking a picture if s/he has access to the latest model of a reputed camera manufacturer, photography is an art that has to be mastered with patience and perseverance. Nowadays, a camera has become very much accessible as it comes with gadgets like Smartphones, laptops, etc. But the truth is, to hone your photography skills; you would still require the most appropriate paraphernalia.
In this article, a few necessary equipment for photography will be discussed along with a Tips to click The Perfect Shot.
Necessary Equipment for Photography:
- Camera: Undoubtedly, camera is the most important piece of photography equipment. Despite the availability of two types of cameras namely mirror-less and DSLR, the latter is still considered an appropriate choice for taking a perfect shot, at least for a tyro in this domain. As Nikon is considered one of the best camera manufacturers of the world at the moment, the D700 model designed by them can be a really judicious selection. In Indian megalopolises like Hyderabad, you would find companies like Thirdidigital that offers an extensive range of this type of cameras. As these companies offer a vast range of differen
t models, to buy the best camera for photography, you need to consider the following matters very carefully:
- The class of the camera (amateur, professional or semi-professional)
- Customized ISO and focal point
- Overall image quality and
- Focus and shutter speed
For Best Deals on Digital Cameras, check our website ThirdiDigital
- Lens: Lens is another very essential entity that helps the light reach the sensor of the camera so that the picture can be captured. This equipment comes in a gamut of different models along with various price ranges. Although prime lenses are good for practicing the art of photography at the beginning, they don’t possess any zooming ability. On the other hand, a 1.8 DX lens or a 2.8 OS lens comes with a considerable zooming ability (usually from 17 mm to 50 mm). Your selection of lens would vastly differ according to the genre of photography you choose. For example, the appropriate lens for wildlife photography would be radically different from the right lens for capturing landscapes or cities.
For Best Deals on Camera Lenses, check our website ThirdiDigital
- Tripod: Despite being seriously undervalued and overlooked, the pivotal importance of a tripod for honing one’s photography skills is undeniable. This equipment is usually made of aluminium to provide sturdiness and sustainability. Tripods can be proved extremely useful for taking photographs of certain wildlife as it requires a significant amount of time and patience. As a newcomer in the domain of photography, you should never make the mistake of buying a cheap and low quality tripod thinking that it will be useless for you. As a matter of fact, for taking a perfect shot, a tripod is indispensable – similar to a camera and a decent lens. Check our post on choosing the Right Tripod.
For Best Deals on Tripod & Supporting Accessories, check our website ThirdiDigital.
- Lighting and filter: The beauty of a photograph depends significantly on the chiaroscuro i.e. the effect of light and shadow. As a result, both lighting and filter are also considered essential for top quality photography as they are responsible for adjusting the amount of light a particular photo requires along with the right combination of colors.
For Best Deals on Lighting & filters, check our website ThirdiDigital
A Few Tips to Tips to click The Perfect Shot:
After purchasing the right equipment, you must follow a few steps for perfecting your photography skills. Below, you would find a few points that can be helpful for you while taking a perfect shot:
- The center of attraction: Determining the center of attraction is the key to a perfect shot. To determine the centre of attraction you would need to find out the most interesting object in the scene you are about to take picture of and eliminate all the distractions by framing it properly.
- The dynamic range: The dynamic range refers to the ability to see the extremes of darkness and light at the same time. The human eye has an incredible dynamic range as it can see extremely dark objects clearly in a bright background. Cameras possess a much inferior dynamic range in comparison with the human eye. So, to click The Perfect Shot, you must have a clear idea about the dynamic range of your camera and make necessary adjustments accordingly.
- The aperture control: To master the art of photography, a person must know the minute details of aperture control as it plays a pivotal part in determining the quality of the picture. With the condition of your aperture (wide or small), you would be able to figure out how much out of focus you are and consequently, taking the shot would become much easier. The aperture can be compared to the iris of a human eye and is a part of the exposure triangle which also includes ISO and shutter speed. Between these two, ISO determines the sensitivity to light whereas the shutter speed determines the time the shutter of your camera is going to remain open. These two factors should also be checked during photography.
- Vigilance: As a photographer, you must always remain vigilant to capture the perfect moment as these moments are often ephemeral and can evanescence in the blink of an eye.
If you have a propensity for capturing moments that are worthwhile, with proper equipment and tips, taking your coveted perfect shot would just be a matter of time.
Also, Check some of our related post, that will surely help you to master the art of photography.